ROAD to BETHLEHEM Lilydale Tickets
Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
The ticket information on this page is for the Lilydale (formerly Nunawading) performance of Road to Bethlehem. For tickets at other Road to Bethlehem locations, see the box on the right of this page.
General Ticket Info
- Everyone who visits ROAD to BETHLEHEM must have a ticket (including infants and children).
- Tickets are FREE! However, we really appreciate all donations which help the annual running of this event.
There will be an opportunity to give a donation near the end of your journey.
- While tickets are free, they are valuable (and booking allocation is limited). Please do not over-book. Doing so prevents other genuine online ticket bookings from being made.
- ROAD to BETHLEHEM can cater for group bookings of up to 20 people in one time slot. (Booked groups will be travelling with other members of the public in larger groups.)
- Group bookings of more than 20 must be made via Telephone.
- Although every tour is wonderful, ROAD TO BETHLEHEM is best seen after dark, when the lighting focuses your eyes on the sets.
It becomes dark just after 9pm during RtB week so book a tour around this time if you can.
- We request that bookings without children choose time slots after 8:30pm if possible to allow families with young children to tour before it gets too late.
There are three ways you can obtain tickets:
(click each for details)
- The online allocation of tickets may sell out before the end of this day. If so, please see the other two ticket options below.
- When all the pre-booking tickets are 'sold out' there will still be a limited number of tickets available in each session for those who line up for tickets on the night of the performance. (See the On-the-night Tickets section below)
- To prevent the system from 'crashing' in the first hour the tickets become available, you may encounter a message "Website full" when trying to access the booking page. Please be patient and try again in a few minutes.
- PLEASE PRINT YOUR EMAILED TICKET ORDER CONFIRMATION and bring it along for speedy ticket pickup on the night.
- Tickets MUST be picked up 1/2 hour before the scheduled time of your booking from the Pre-Booked Tickets line, at the Ticket Booth, or your tickets will be reallocated.
- The booking phone line for the 2018 ROAD to BETHLEHEM performance will be opened on weekdays from:
Monday, November 26 to Friday December 7 between the hours of 9am and 5pm unless sold out prior.
- No bookings are taken on Saturday or Sunday and left messages will not secure you a booking.
- The booking number for these dates is (03) 9264 7770 - please be patient, we do our best to manage the popularity of pre-booking tickets.
- Phone bookings for tickets before the event can ONLY be made when speaking to a booking clerk - not by leaving a message.
- No bookings will be taken prior to November 26 - (which is two weeks before RtB begins).
- When all the pre-booking tickets are 'sold out' there will still be a limited number of tickets available for those who line up for tickets on the night of the performance. (See the On-the-night Tickets section below)
- Tickets MUST be picked up 1/2 hour before the scheduled time of your booking from the Pre-Booked Tickets line at the Ticket Booth or your tickets will be reallocated
- On the four nights ROAD to BETHLEHEM runs, you can line up and obtain tickets for that evening's performance from the ticket booth on location at ROAD to BETHLEHEM.
- The ticket booth opens at 6pm on each of the four performance nights, but many keen travellers arrive much earlier and the queue can become lengthy very quickly. Tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis but we never turn anyone away.
- Only tickets for that same night's sessions can be obtained. Tickets for nights later in the week are available only on those nights.